Looking for another terminal console tool? Fluent Terminal is a free open source terminal emulator based on UWP and web technology. It supports not only CMD (Command Prompt) and PowerShell but WSL or other custom shells as well.
- Supports tabs and multiple windows
- Theming and appearance configuration
- Import/Export themes
- Import iTerm themes
- Fullscreen mode
- Editable keybindings
- Search function
- Configure shell profiles to quickly switch between different shells
It’s a UWP app that you can’t download directly from Microsoft Store. And that makes the installation process a bit tricky. But if you follow along you should be no problem getting it up and running.
- Download the latest release. It’s a zipped file named something like this: “FluentTerminal.APP_0.4.1.0_Test.zip“.
- Extract everything out of the ZIP file.
- Install the certificate by right-clicking the .cer file and choosing Install Certificate. Follow the wizard and install the certificate into Local Machine > Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
Once done, double-click the appxbundle file to start installing the app.
Since it supports different console languages, you can set up different profiles for different languages and you can launch different profiles with a different keyboard shortcut. By default, pressing Ctrl + Alt + 1 opens a new tab in PowerShell, and Ctrl + Alt + 2 in CMD.
And you can change or customize a theme that fits your eyes. The theme that you set can be applied to different profiles. Another words, different profiles can have different colors themes.
Overall, Fluent Terminal is an interesting terminal console alternative. If you are looking for an all-in-one console that works for multiple console languages this might fit in your bill.